Movie: ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ is an adventure we can all be a part of

+Movie%3A+%E2%80%98Guardians+of+the+Galaxy%E2%80%99+is+an+adventure+we+can+all+be+a+part+of
The five superheroes are captured and in prison.  Known for their novelty, they are shown at the start as clueless outcasts, but together they form the esteemed and powerful Guardians of the Galaxy. Source: Marvel Studios

Think of the Avengers taking place in space, but add a heartwarming story and a dash of humor-James Gunn’s “Guardians of the Galaxy”, released on Aug. 1 and already a hit Marvel movie, is illustrated with that vision. The film keeps you entertained while holding universal lessons of teamwork, bonding and courage.

The movie starts off with a scene of Peter Quill, the main character, witnessing his mother’s death. He is then abducted by a spaceship. Fast-forward twenty-six years and Peter adopts an alias: Starlord (Chris Pratt). He casually listens to his music player and discovers the powerful orb that holds the potential to destroy the galaxy, and it’s what everyone in the galaxy wants.

The movie surrounds the unlikely ragtag of misfits: Starlord, Green-skinned Gamora (Zoe Saldana), Rocket the Raccoon (Bradley Cooper), a branch that speaks three words (Vin Diesel), and Drax the Destroyer (Dave Batista). This group becomes known as the Guardians of the Galaxy, sacrificing their lives to keep the orb safe from the hands of Ronan the Accuser (Lee Pace). The heroes featured in the film bond over the common ground of having lost their families and normal lives. Together, the five of them discover bravery and commitment to friendship.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, “James Gunn’s Guardians of the Galaxy opened to a record-breaking $94.3 million in North America”.

This movie is the top August debut of all time, The Hollywood Reporter states. Because of its apparent popularity, it has already been announced that there will be a sequel in 2017, with James Gunn returning as director.

“Guardians of the Galaxy” poses a twist to the average superhero movie; instead of emphasizing saving the world, this film highlights collaboration.

While the story could be stronger, the movie still contains special moments, and adds humor in least expected scenes that have action and a tense atmosphere. The graphics and visual effects are advanced and beautiful at times; a plethora of scenes have impressive and realistic animations that make the audience feel as if they are envisioning the future and experiencing the Guardians’ journey.

Regardless of whether you like comedy, sci-fi or superhero movies, Guardians of the Galaxy offers a unique and entertaining storyline. With pervasive themes of friendship, sacrifice and teamwork, “Guardians of the Galaxy” is a fun, adventure-packed movie many can enjoy with friends and family.