Why is Kim so flippin’ famous?

Why is Kim so flippin’ famous?

Kim Kardashian.

Talent level? Zero. (Or as I would argue, negative two).

Fame level? A gazillion and two.

Kim Kardashian, for those of you who’ve been living in an igloo with no cable or Internet connection these past few years, is Americaís most popular reality television personality, business mogul, model, actress, fashion designer, book writer, and most recently, divorcee. Basically, she does a lot of things, although she isnít terribly good at any of them.

On Oct. 31, she and her then-hubby, basketball player Kris Humphries, divorced after 72 days of marriage, and she reportedly made nearly $18 million off her almost $8 million wedding.

Instantly, a surge of searches related to her divorce sped through search engines. On Google alone, there were 90 million hits for “Kim Kardashian divorce”.

Why are people so interested about some celebrityís divorce? She rose to fame because she was best friends with Paris Hilton and her parents are rich, but other than that, does she have any other actual, honest-to-goodness talents?

In order to try to find why she has such strong appeal to us Americans, I decided to search for just exactly why she is as influential as she is. I decided to start off this quest by listening to her music. She has released one single called “Jam (Turn it up)” and it might be worse than “Friday” by Rebecca Black.

“And they play’n my jam, they play’n my jam (x3), turn it up (x7), turn it up DJ, turn it up (x8), so I can rock my night away.”

Talk about repetitive lyrics.

After about four minutes of this autotune agony, I was done. Iím now 100 percent convinced she has no appeal whatsoever. But then I find out this: apparently, she makes $10,000 (10 grand!) every time she posts a sponsored tweet and $40,000 every time a new episode of her reality TV show, “Keeping up with the Kardashians,” which stars her family members, is aired. In 2010 alone, she made $6 million.  Think about it; she makes what you need for a year to attend a typical UC, in four tweets.

So jealous.

I am furious. Beyond angry. I can now understand where those protesters on Wall Street are coming from. How can we just sit here and let this useless, talentless, and hopeless woman-person-robot earn so much money while there are still children in America who can not even afford three meals a day?

But it’s no use. It’s clear that whether the talk is good or bad, she will always be gaining more fame.