Glitched scores

Hand completing a multiple choice exam.

Sophomore Ankit Rustagi was able to take a look at his PSAT score three weeks prior to the original release date, between Dec. 11-13. When he was first told by his friends about the leak, Rustagi rushed to take a look at his score and was quick to find out that his score had been one of the many which were accidentally released by the College Board.

“It was on the weekend, and I was on my computer,” Rustagi said. “My friend just texted me if I saw my PSAT and I actually didn’t know if it was true because I heard that the PSAT scores were supposed to be released on December 11th.”

Rustagi was happy to have been able to look at his score earlier, but wanted to find out how he had received his score earlier. College Board later went on to fix the issue and patch the loophole that had taken place.

“It is actually pretty good […] to find out your score earlier,” Rustagi said. “There must have been some lack of responsibility amongst a group of individuals or just one. Definitely in the future they must take it into consideration of how big this could have been.”

However, junior Kevin Chandran learned about the leak after listening to his friends talk about the SAT scores not being uploaded on time.

“I found about the PSAT scores being leaked after a lot of my friends were telling me about it,” Chandran said. “I also heard that some people who took the SAT in November were not able to view their scores.”

Chandran believes that the scores being leaked gives some people an unfair advantage, but if everyone got their score back at the same time then it’s not a problem.

“Some people know what their score was beforehand and this makes it unfair for others people because different people care about it differently,” Chandran said. “After getting my scores in 10th grade, I cared way more about my scores and what I got in my 11th grade PSAT.”

state that their organisation will focus more on data from new sources such as social media. (1)
Made using Canva.

Sophomore Divya Satrawada found out through her friends and was ready to check the website to find out her scores. She believes that the people working for the College Board should have worked harder to prevent this situation.

“They should have been a little more careful about it,” Satrawada said. “If they had decided on a date for everyone to get to know, they should have stuck with it and not messed up like that.”

However, Satrawada doesn’t think that this is a major issue, and it would not have been a major problem for the students.

“I think it has the same impact if they had seen it now,” Satrawada said. “There really isn’t much of a difference because I felt good about my scores.”

Aditya Dash, Staff Writer
Aditya Dash is a first year staff member of El Estoque Online. Interested in sports, he spends most of his free time on the NBA and the NFL. Aside from playing basketball, he is very enthusiastic about Neuroscience and Biology.