Students partake in holiday cheer by taking polaroids on Dec. 14

The holiday tree, located in the middle of the rally court, is where students would gather with their friends to take polaroid pictures. Photo by Margaret Lin.

On Dec. 14, in light of the season, Bull Spirit commissioners held an event in which they acted as photographers. Using a Polaroid camera, they took pictures of students as they posed with a “holiday tree”.

“[We decided to] decorate the campus to make students feel a little bit happier around finals time,” senior Lead Bull Spirit Commissioner Lyan Cogan said. “A lot of people really liked the tree last year so we decided to do it again.”

According to Cogan, the tree, located in the middle of the Rally Court, is called a “holiday tree” instead of a Christmas tree as a way to assure the inclusion of all the other holidays.

In addition to lessening the pressure of finals, Bull Spirit hopes that the tree will help remind students to enjoy the holiday season.

“I hope that [students] enjoy seeing the tree in the middle of the rally court and I hope that every time they look at it, it will remind them of the holidays, that [finals] are almost over and that we will be able to go home to our friends and family,” junior Bull Spirit Commission Member Celine Mol said. “I hope it relieves their stress.”