Red Pepper Cheesecake

Red Pepper Cheesecake

Blow off those New Year’s Resolutions with some cheesecake

Now before anyone writes us off for the odd sounding dish we planned this week, it is indeed a real recipe from the food network website.

Anyways…

As we headed into the New Year, we tried to follow our New Years resolution: To cook better food.  See for yourself how well we succeeded:

What you didn’t see: 

As you may have seen, we received a couple strong reviews of our “cheesecake”.  One taster said “it was the worst thing I ever tasted”.  Another taster cried after tasting.  In response, we have postulated a couple reasons for why we might have received these reactions:

1. When we pulled out our circular baking pan, we found that the dimensions were double that of what the recipe called for.  To compensate, we decided to double all the proportions of the ingredients.  Apparently, this is not the best idea when baking, or so we have been told.

2. We decided that although the recipe called for roasted bell peppers, we would forego roasting them, firstly because we did not really know how to roast bell peppers and secondly, we were lazy.  Lesson: When the recipe asks for an ingredient to be prepped a certain way, do it.

3.  When we cut up our red bell peppers, we cut approximately two cups.  When Minh added the bell peppers to the mix, I realized partway through him pouring that there were too many.  Unfortunately  was not able to stop him in time.  Doubling the amount of an ingredient to keep proportions may be forgivable.  Quadrupling definitely not.

4.  The recipe asked that the apricot mixture be drizzled over the cheesecake before serving.  I opted instead to put the apricot mixture in a separate bowl.  After seeing everybody drench their cheesecakes in the mixture after their first bite, it might have been better to follow the instructions.

5.  When plating the cake after taking it out of the refrigerator, I thought that maybe the underside of cheesecake may be more presentable.  I quickly found out that this was a mistake.